Damansara Performing Arts Centre
Anchoring on the growing awareness in the arts among various Malaysian communities, Mammoth Empire Holdings Sdn Bhd extends its corporate social responsibility to the development of arts and culture in Malaysia. This meaningful endeavour takes the form of a new arts space to meet the growing needs of arts practitioners and arts aficionados in the Petaling Jaya / the Damansara district. Hence, the new performing arts space has been strategically named Damansara Performing Arts Centre (DPAC).
Damansara Performing Arts Centre (DPAC) is an organisation dedicated to promoting arts in Malaysia, through learning, practising, and appreciating arts. DPAC aims to further enhance public awareness on the importance of art-forms that enrich our lives while shaping today’s world. DPAC has a proscenium theatre, a black box, an experimental theatre, an indoor theatre-foyer and several dance studios. They are all equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. These facilities cater to the professional practices of different performing arts practitioners in various forms.
- To provide quality production while building an environment which bridges art and humanity.
- To promote the production of local performing arts and the improvement of quality and value of local works.
- To offer quality training and conducive performance environment for arts practitioners in Malaysia.
- To cultivate and nurture young and prospective artists in Malaysia.
Our Initiated Productions
- d’Next Artist Project (d’NA)provides accessible performing opportunities for local emerging artists who are ambitious and creative.
- DPAC Arts Festival (DAF)aims to capture the essence of local-concept works in a cultural melting pot that is Malaysia.
- d’MOTION International Dance Festivalis an annual festival to connect Malaysia with the international dance scene.
Our In-House Dance Programmes
Focusing on dance, DPAC aims to be Malaysia’s leading dance platform, uniquely dedicated to broaden and raise dance standards in Malaysia by organising quality educational programmes, and presenting quality programmes from both local and international performers. Through our in-house production, D for Dancing, we aim to cultivate artistic exchanges in professional practices by inviting reputable international dance artists for collaborative residencies. Contributing to dance education in Malaysia, DPAC has also introduced the Dancer’s Training Programme (DTP) to young budding dancers to provide them with further training in professional practices. Under the guidance and direction of Artistic Director, Wong Jyh Shyong (JS), DPAC Dance Company (DDC) was formed along with the establishment of DPAC as a choreographic workplace with local and international dance artists.
Our Collaborative Projects
- October – Hiroshi Koike Bridge Project (Japan) “The Restaurant of Many Orders”
- November – Sun Son Theatre (Taiwan) “Into The Flood”
- January – cieLaroque/helene (Austria) “30 1 30 1 IS IT ME & THINK FISH” by DPAC, Gardner & Wife Theatre & ASWARA
- January – Hiroshi Koike Bridge Project (Japan) “The Mahabharata Chapter Two”
Our Supported Events & Performances
- #TSBreakAway Prize Giving Ceremony by Tourism Selangor
- 6th Nyoba Kan International Butoh Festival 2013 by Nyoba Kan
- 7th Nyoba Kan International Butoh Festival 2014 by Nyoba Kan
- Petaling Jaya International Fair 2014 – Folklore Festival by Petaling Jaya City Council
- LuluLand 2 by Tan Eng Heng
- Macbeth by Chin San Sooi
- LaguKu by Orang Orang Drum Theatre & Checkmate Creative
- Play Music 2 by Vivo Experimental Orchestra
- This Moment of Yesterday by Fiery Films (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Please park your car at either Entrance 1 (E1) which is beside the Qliq Hotel or Entrance 3 (E3) which is opposite PJ Trade Centre and proceed to our venue.
Theatre - A fully equipped proscenium stage of professional standard, for small scale dance, drama, musical productions and movie screening, seating 200. Proscenium stage Stage size: 11.25m width x 7.25m depth Height from stage to lighting grid : 6.1m Maximum 200-seat capacity.
Black Box - fully equipped experimental theatre of professional standard, remote platform with adjustable chair, for small scale of dance, drama and music production, seating 120. Experimental Theatre Wall to wall dimensions : 13m x 18m Height from stage to lighting grid : 3.5m Minimum 120-seat capacity. Black box is able to adapt to the seating arrangement and theatre's configuration to suit the workshop/ event/performance.
Studios - Our studios feature reception, changing rooms and waiting areas and equipped with mirrored wall, professional vinyl floor, fixed ballet barres, and a fixed sound system. It is bright with natural light, plus an air-conditioning. Portable ballet barres are available upon request. Studio 1 dimensions : 13m x 11m Studio 2 dimensions : 10.1m x 7.5m Ideal for: Rehearsals / Workshops / Audition / Classes / Photo + Film Shoots / And more.
Theatre Foyer - A light and airy indoor space which feels like a contemporary gallery, ideal for cocktail parties, exhibitions and functions.Click here for DPAC Theatre Foyer Floor Plan.
H-01, DPAC, Empire Damansara, Jalan PJU 8/8, Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Woon(+6) 03 4065 0001, 4065 0002
Carpe Diem - Italian and Korean cuisine
Metal Box Restaurant & Cafe
Epique Coffee Company
Jekyll & Hyde Restaurant
Real-time livestream and Video-on-demand for the premiere of Pán, performed by T.H.E Dance Company (Singapore)
A production by T.H.E Dance Company, choreographed by Artistic Director & Principal Choreographer Kuik Swee Boon and Resident Choreographer Kim Jae Duk.Alluding to both choreographers’ cultu[...]
With international travel still on pause, enjoy a slice of Bali right here with pragina : EMOSI brought to you by a duo who shares a deep love for Balinese dance.Malaysian-based Japanese dancer Em[...]
Online Shakespeare Demystified: KING LEAR
This year, 2021 marks KL Shakespeare Players’ 10th anniversary. The pandemic will not stop us from presenting our annual offering of a Shake[...]
UNTIL WE CATCH THE DAWN: The Emerging Directors Lab Showcase I
After more than a year's hiatus (phew!), Theatresauce returns for its third season with a fresh batch of directors from the 2021 Emerging Dire[...]
RondoFest Music Festival 2021
The Rondo Production is pleased to announce that the RondoFest Music Festival 2021 will be held from 9 to 12 June 2021. The digital music festival aims to offer a comprehensive learning experience to [...]