- Learn the 3 major components of Bharata Natyam
- Understand the music ensemble of a classical dance
- A walkthrough of the dance costumes and accessories
- Class will be conducted in English
- Suitable for students and beginners
- Expand your knowledge and interest in the classical dance form
BACKGROUND OF ARTIST
Shankar heads the department of Bharata Natyam at the Temple of Fine Arts Malaysia. Trained in the multi-disciplines of Odissi, Kathak, Western Classical Ballet, and contemporary dance, Shankar has also learnt folk dances of India and Malaysia’s Malay and Chinese dances. As a soloist, he has performed extensively in India, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, and major cities in the USA.