Southeast Asia’s first and only festival of ideas returns with its eighth and first-ever online instalment The Cooler Lumpur Festival presents Audio > Music happening from 14 to 15 December 2021. This year, we aim to explore the bigger universe of audio beyond just music, and how existing and aspiring music practitioners can apply their skill sets in entirely new ways.
We invite discerning explorers, learners and curious cats to a series of conversations featuring leading experts and practitioners in industries adjacent to music. Our hope is to raise awareness of emerging audio and sound industries, broaden the understanding of how current and aspiring music practitioners can apply their existing skill set and inspire the music community to consider other opportunities outside of their comfort zone.
Festival attendees will be able to join the two-day discovery featuring international and award-winning speakers including:
- Max De Lucia (UK) – Founder of specialist sonic branding agency DLDMDD
- Dr. Heiko Maus (Germany) – Forensic Musicologist
- Dr. Low Ming Yuan (USA) – Assistant Professor of Music Therapy at Berklee College of Music in Boston and founding committee member of the Malaysian Music Therapy Association
- Kim Lim (Malaysia) – Managing Director of Universal Music Malaysia
- Elmer Ho Lok Zhan (Malaysia) – Producer, Audio Director, Composer and Sound Designer
- Axle Kith Cheeng (Malaysia) – Award-winning Sound Designer
- Dr. Shasa Aziz (Malaysia) – Head Audiologist of Eartistic Malaysia
People of all ages from all walks of life are invited to explore and embrace new audio and sound frontiers. The online festival is free of charge.