- History and function of Pua Kumbu
- Screening of an animation of the origin of Pua Kuumbu
- The ritual involved in the making of Pua Kumbu
- The preparation of the threads
- The preparation of weaving
Class will be conducted in English.
Dr Welyne Jehom is a senior lecturer at the Department of Anthropology and Sociology, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Universiti Malaya. Her most successful research and sustainable community engagement has been the development of the Indigenous knowledge of the traditional textile, the Iban Pua Kumbu, which has led to a series of exhibition, the “Textile Tales of the Pua Kumbu” since 2015.