GALLERY WEEKEND KUALA LUMPUR
Described as “putting the Malaysian capital on the art map”*, GALLERY WEEKEND KUALA LUMPUR (GWKL 2017) returns 8 – 10th December (Friday – Sunday), following its successful launch in 2016. GWKL 2017 celebrates the quality creative in Greater KL and marks also Malaysia’s 60th year of Independence. www.gw-kl.com
The GWKL marquee, with its cosmopolitan draw, is firmly grounded in a Malaysian ethos, and includes FREE Program Highlights:
- Exhibitions, projects and previews by the leading Galleries and Project Spaces : Shalini Ganendra Fine Art; Nadine Fine Art; G13; Interpr8; MapKLWhiteBox; Segaris; Pipal Fine Art; Artemis Art; Galeri Chandan; Gallery Taksu; Sutra Gallery; HOM Art Trans; Raksasa Studio and Rimbun Dahan.
- Curatorial tours and special access to major Institutions: Islamic Arts Museum; National Visual Arts Gallery; National Textile Museum and Soka Gakkai Foundation.
- LUMINARY Program, public talks: December 8th and 9th, 2017 to include international luminaries speaking at the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia and National Visual Art Gallery -
- Dr. Hugo Weihe, “ Collecting & Creating”. Dr. Weihe is past International Director of Asian Art at Christie’s; previously Specialist with Sotheby’s, New York. CEO of Saffron Art. Collector and Advisor. He will speak at IAMM on Dec. 9 at 3pm.
- Herwig Kempinger, President of Visual Art Society Vienna and internationally exhibiting artist working mainly in photography; previous winner of the Fine Arts Prize of the City of Vienna and the Austrian Art Award.
- Christine Boehler, curator, coach, writer and producer; founding Director of ERSTE Foundation, Austria, promoting Central, East and Southeast European art; founder and curator of the Literatur + Medien project between 1996-2015.
- Sarah Ichioka, recent Director of The Architecture Foundation (UK); portfolio includes management and curatorial work for La Biennale di Venezia and Singapore's National Parks Board.
- Daily tour of the Zain Azahari Collection, one of the most respected private collections of Malaysian Art, open to the public in exclusive collaboration with GWKL. (The tapestry of narratives and personalities which underpin the collection will be explored and discussed by Mr. Azahari himself.)
- Curatorial tours of Islamic Arts Museum, National Visual Arts Gallery and National Textile Museum.
Also Gourmet partnership feature, to include special menus by Marini’s on 57, Marini’s Grand Café, Marble 8, Chef Adu (Textile Museum Café), Tujoh Cafe and other premiere gourmet.
Grab Car : Promo code: GWKL2017
Stay Partner: STRIPES Hotel by YTL, promo code: GWKL2017
Refer to www.gw-kl.com for program developments. For information on KL’s cultural platform, see CULTURE CONNOISSEUR: www.culture-connoisseur.com.
CENDANA; The Marini's Group; GRAB, Stripes Hotel Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia; The Austrian Embassy, Kuala Lumpur; MyCreative; SGFA & Timeless Green.
Box Office Opens
From 8th December 2017 to 10th November 2017
Gallery Weekend KL
Other Events You May Like
DO NOT GO INTO THE MIST DO NOT GO BACK TO THE DARK DO NOT STAND STILL
To celebrate our first anniversary A+ Works of Art is proud to present:DO NOT GO INTO THE MIST DO NOT GO BACK TO THE DARK DO NOT STAND STILLA GROUP SHOWOrganised and conceived by Chong K[...]
Nando’s YOUthReka Art Competition 2018
The Nando’s Art Initiative, now known as YOUthReka Art Competition, returns for another round of creative genius imagined and brought to life by our talented artistic youth. This year, the exhibitio[...]
TGS XX-II -20th anniversary exhibition
Group exhibition by representing artists: Lim Ah Cheng, Soon Lai Wai, Ting Cho Chien, Lui Cheng Thak, Eston Tan and Ng Kok Leong.[...]
Launch of Latiff Mohidin: Pago Pago (1960 – 1969)
We would like to invite you to the launch of Latiff Mohidin: Pago Pago (1960 - 1969) in collaboration with National Gallery Singapore and Centre Pompidou, Paris on 11 August at 6pm. See you there.[...]
Against the Day: A Drawing Exhibition
How do we write a metahistorical romance for a renewed Malaysia? The recent change in government has opened the floodgates to new creative, dissenting, quarreling energies into our public sphere. The [...]
HALFEST MALAYSIA 2018
HALFEST MALAYSIA 2018 returns again at MINES EXHIBITION CENTRE (MIECC), KUALA LUMPUR. This iconic trade and consumer expo of 600 booths will bring together over 550 halal certified entrepreneurs an[...]
The Colours of Imagery II – A solo exhibition by Ken Ooi
The Colours of Imagery A Solo Exhibition by Ken OoiPenang-born Ken Ooi will be having his first Solo Exhibition in Kuala Lumpur at l’atelier Rouge and only his second despite having a large amo[...]
France is Now -Art Exhibition
Kuala Lumpur's NEW, HIP, & FRENCH art gallery, Gallery des Artistes is excited to present their first inaugural exhibition “France is Now”. With an emphasis on the latest trends in pop & c[...]
Dialogue between Carmen Nge & Lee Weng Choy
Dialogue between Carmen Nge and Lee Weng Choy followed by book launchon Saturday 21 July 2018 at 3pm ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Here I could even Pluck the Star by Hand, at[...]
Caricreatures by Johan Ishak
“caricreatures” exhibition is aimed at raising fund to aid communities in need. 80 digital drawing of animal characters are put on sale at Galeri Prima, Balai Berita Bangsar from 18 July - 10 Augu[...]