GALLERY WEEKEND KUALA LUMPUR
Described as “putting the Malaysian capital on the art map”*, GALLERY WEEKEND KUALA LUMPUR (GWKL 2017) returns 8 – 10th December (Friday – Sunday), following its successful launch in 2016. GWKL 2017 celebrates the quality creative in Greater KL and marks also Malaysia’s 60th year of Independence. www.gw-kl.com
The GWKL marquee, with its cosmopolitan draw, is firmly grounded in a Malaysian ethos, and includes FREE Program Highlights:
- Exhibitions, projects and previews by the leading Galleries and Project Spaces : Shalini Ganendra Fine Art; Nadine Fine Art; G13; Interpr8; MapKLWhiteBox; Segaris; Pipal Fine Art; Artemis Art; Galeri Chandan; Gallery Taksu; Sutra Gallery; HOM Art Trans; Raksasa Studio and Rimbun Dahan.
- Curatorial tours and special access to major Institutions: Islamic Arts Museum; National Visual Arts Gallery; National Textile Museum and Soka Gakkai Foundation.
- LUMINARY Program, public talks: December 8th and 9th, 2017 to include international luminaries speaking at the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia and National Visual Art Gallery -
- Dr. Hugo Weihe, “ Collecting & Creating”. Dr. Weihe is past International Director of Asian Art at Christie’s; previously Specialist with Sotheby’s, New York. CEO of Saffron Art. Collector and Advisor. He will speak at IAMM on Dec. 9 at 3pm.
- Herwig Kempinger, President of Visual Art Society Vienna and internationally exhibiting artist working mainly in photography; previous winner of the Fine Arts Prize of the City of Vienna and the Austrian Art Award.
- Christine Boehler, curator, coach, writer and producer; founding Director of ERSTE Foundation, Austria, promoting Central, East and Southeast European art; founder and curator of the Literatur + Medien project between 1996-2015.
- Sarah Ichioka, recent Director of The Architecture Foundation (UK); portfolio includes management and curatorial work for La Biennale di Venezia and Singapore's National Parks Board.
- Daily tour of the Zain Azahari Collection, one of the most respected private collections of Malaysian Art, open to the public in exclusive collaboration with GWKL. (The tapestry of narratives and personalities which underpin the collection will be explored and discussed by Mr. Azahari himself.)
- Curatorial tours of Islamic Arts Museum, National Visual Arts Gallery and National Textile Museum.
Also Gourmet partnership feature, to include special menus by Marini’s on 57, Marini’s Grand Café, Marble 8, Chef Adu (Textile Museum Café), Tujoh Cafe and other premiere gourmet.
Grab Car : Promo code: GWKL2017
Stay Partner: STRIPES Hotel by YTL, promo code: GWKL2017
Refer to www.gw-kl.com for program developments. For information on KL’s cultural platform, see CULTURE CONNOISSEUR: www.culture-connoisseur.com.
CENDANA; The Marini's Group; GRAB, Stripes Hotel Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia; The Austrian Embassy, Kuala Lumpur; MyCreative; SGFA & Timeless Green.
Box Office Opens
From 8th December 2017 to 10th November 2017
Gallery Weekend KL
Other Events You May Like
Lustrum Scene is a charity exhibition to celebrate BTS 5th year anniversary. Our objective is to appreciate music and at the same we want to spread awareness about domestic violence towards women and [...]
#BlocksToBlock Gua Musang Exhibition
To raise awareness and funds for the oppressed Orang Asli Temiar of Gua Musang, we're building a symbolic 'blockade' at the Ground Floor of Publika. A piece made of over a hundred unique artworks draw[...]
In 2016, Ajim Juxta became the first Malaysian visual artist to win the Young Art Award, a key component of the annual Young Art Taipei art fair in Taiwan, for his artwork Arcology: Convergence. Artem[...]
PANCAROBA SEASON SIX ART EXHIBITION (sembilan Art Residency Program)
sembilan an Art Residency program. Based in Seremban. Our residency program has just recently completed by our two artist for this season. If you interested we would like to invite you to the exhibiti[...]
Invisible Women Art Exhibition
Our Invisible Women exhibition will showcase the problems women face in the workplace in a way that people won't be able to ignore. We'll be taking stories and statistics about the problems p[...]
An Expressive Montage Architecture Graduate Exhibition
We are the 2018 architecture graduates from the School of Architecture, Building and Design (SABD), Taylor's University Lakeside Campus. We are excited to announce th[...]
Inspiration from Malaysian Tropical Plants by The Refinery Art Gallery
INSPIRATIONS FROM MALAYSIAN TROPICAL PLANTSAs my children has grown up, I have more time to look back at my life. I began thinking about what I can do in the rest of my life. I feel a st[...]
Sometimes When We Touch by chi too
OUR ArtProjects is delighted to present SOMETIMES WHEN WE TOUCH — a solo exhibition by chi too. The exhibition highlights a series of twelve paintings on c[...]
Merata Suara is an exhibition showcasing 5 commissioned artworks. What began as a simple offer to represent marginalised voices gradually evolved into a productive disorientation: our locatio[...]
ROOTS, Emerging Malaysia @ SGFA
ROOTS explores the developing and distinct art practices of three young Malaysian talents. Distinct in so far as they present different processes and materiality in this show: batik block and[...]